All content copyright 2011, 2012, and 2013 by Keith Russell.


Any copying, downloading, etc. of any portion of the contents of this blog--including photographs and artwork--without written permission from Keith Russell,

is not nice...and not legal!







13 January 2012

Marathon

The year stretches before me like an unpaved pathway; it is up to me to choose where it will lead, and how to build it for ease of travel, etc.

I have lots of ideas, and I've tried to keep focused on the ones that will advance my art in the right direction.

Time-management has been the thing I've complained about most in this blog, so far. I (think I'm finally) at a place where I won't have to keep making those complaints. Most people make their New Year's Reolutions as (or after) the year starts, and then they have to figure out hwo to make big changes in their lives as the year is already passing.

I started work on the stuff I wanted to accomplish this year, while it was still last year. I'm already watching less TV, spending (wasting) far less time online, getting more exercise, eating better--and I'm getting better organized every day.

I believe I have some really good ideas for my next several paintings. Once the January show is set up, I'm going to spend February working on two new paintings that I hope to have ready in time for the March opening. Then, I'll spend March working on the next two paintings, to have them ready in time for the April opening!

If all goes well this year, I will:

1) Paint only on panel (no more paintings on canvas!)

2) Learn to airbrush using oils!

3) Assemble my hand-made panels using dove-tail joinery, as well as routing or hand-caving their edges (so I won't have buy frames)

4) Hand carve the spider "sculptures" from now on

5) Build a better bookshelf for under my drafting table (something I've been wanting to do for years)

6) Schedule at least one exhibit of my art somewhere not in Kansas or Missouri

I think these are reasonable goals, and they'll keep me heading in the right direction.

What are your plans for 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment