All content copyright 2011, 2012, and 2013 by Keith Russell.


Any copying, downloading, etc. of any portion of the contents of this blog--including photographs and artwork--without written permission from Keith Russell,

is not nice...and not legal!







26 January 2012

Show Don't Tell...


I'm starting to accumulate small, unfinished paintings--which is a good thing!

It means there's a good chance of having several new paintings at the February opening, which takes place one week from tomorrow. (No pressure!) I'm installing the show Sunday, though I'm going to keep painting. It's very possible that I'll have more new paintings needing to be put up Friday afternoon--right before the show opens.

That's the way it goes 'round here!

But, after the opening, I'm going to "switch gears", and get to work on two or three larger, more elaborate paintings. My goal is to finish those in February, and install them in time for the March opening.

Then I have March to continue working on larger, more elaborate stuff which will "debut" at the April opening.

I have lots of new ideas, and I'm fairly pleased with the new paintings--large and small--so far.

More photos coming soon!

I mean it.

Meanwhile, here's a "teaser". You might recognize this, and you might also remember that I promised not to post it until after the February opening. Well, I haven't broken that promise--this is only a "detail" shot, and even this section of the painting is not (quite) finished.

Enjoy!

And, if you can get to the APEX Gallery, 1809 Wyandotte, Kansas City Missouri, next Friday evening between 6 and 9 PM, you'll get to see this piece in all its glory...

No comments:

Post a Comment