All content copyright 2011, 2012, and 2013 by Keith Russell.


Any copying, downloading, etc. of any portion of the contents of this blog--including photographs and artwork--without written permission from Keith Russell,

is not nice...and not legal!







31 January 2012

Moving Pictures...

Once again, the walls at home are (more or less). We took the art to Apex Gallery on Sunday afternoon--those paintings that were ready to hang, anyway.

I have at least three more paintings that...

aren't...

quite...

done...

yet...

...but which should be done in time to hang them on Friday. One of them is, so far, the best spider painting I've done! Another is the 8th in my series of "Invented Facts". There will be seven of the "Invented Faces" in this show, which (I think) is more than I've ever exhibited at one time in one place.

I was nervous about having my solo show in February, 'cause the weather here can turn pretty nasty this time of year. But, this week in Kansas City it's been amazing; sunny, upper 50s during the day. If this continues, the opening Friday might be much better attended than I had dared to hope.

So, if you're in KC, and going to be out and about this Friday, stop by the Apex Gallery at 1819 Wyandotte (inside Crossroads Dentistry), have some wine and chees, and say "hello".

No comments:

Post a Comment