All content copyright 2011, 2012, and 2013 by Keith Russell.


Any copying, downloading, etc. of any portion of the contents of this blog--including photographs and artwork--without written permission from Keith Russell,

is not nice...and not legal!







29 September 2010

Endings & Beginnings...

I'm bringing the paintings home from the show tonight, and I have mixed feelings. The show was really well-attended, lots of people saw my stuff, and it feels really good to "officially" be part of "the art scene" in Kansas City (again).

Still, I'd hoped that more paintings would sell. I did sell one piece directly as a result of this show (and someone else is very interested in one other piece.)

And, a friend commissioned a small sculpture of a spider last week, which will be fun to do. He wants something a bit more "naturalistic" than the spider sculptures I've made in the past, and the ones I'm going to make for the show in the Spring.

I have six months (October, November, December, January, February, & March) to get new pieces ready--and I have a ton of art I want to make. Six months seems like enough time (barely) to create a decent body of work, but I work rather slowly--and I want this to be a really fun, really cool, show!

In the next six months, I'm planning to make three "major" allegorical paintings (each of which will be fairly large), three other paintings (slightly smaller), and about a dozen (or so) much smaller paintings of various sizes, and three to six (relatively small) sculptures.

One painting and one sculpture are ready, and three more paintings are under way.

But there's still a long way to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment