All content copyright 2011, 2012, and 2013 by Keith Russell.


Any copying, downloading, etc. of any portion of the contents of this blog--including photographs and artwork--without written permission from Keith Russell,

is not nice...and not legal!







03 July 2010

Another three day weekend!


It was a really long week; I worked nearly forty hours in four days, and that after camping last Saturday to Sunday. We met with several friends for dinner Wednesday night, and visited a couple close friends last night--but I did spend some "quality time" in the studio Thursday night (working on the final egg-tempera layer of the "Mische Technique" painting).

We're going out tonight, and have been invited to a party tomorrow afternoon, so I'm planning a full day (and night) in the studio, Monday.

There never seems to be enough time! (And I'm sure I'm not the only artist who has ever said that!)

I've decided to stop looking for a gallery at the moment, and concentrate on getting the Face pieces finished. Maybe that's what I should have been doing all along, but I have felt like I'd be more inclined to push myself, if I had a show (with accompanying deadline) already lined up.

Honestly, considering the "commercial" distractions (plus moving in April!) I've been pretty good at staying focused in the studio, and working on these paintings. Actually, I think I'm getting better at it, and am more productive now, than I was a year ago.

There are numerous paintings and sculptures I intend to make, far more than I can complete in a reasonable amount of time. Being more organized (and staying that way!) will become more and more crucial.

No comments:

Post a Comment