All content copyright 2011, 2012, and 2013 by Keith Russell.


Any copying, downloading, etc. of any portion of the contents of this blog--including photographs and artwork--without written permission from Keith Russell,

is not nice...and not legal!







29 August 2015

2016 Plans

Well, next year is shaping up to be huge!

First, if all goes well, I'll be exhibiting artwork at Spectrum Fantastic Art Live 2016.  This is an event that has been held annually in Kansas City for the past three years or so, coordinated by the same folks who publish the annual Spectrum book featuring the best fantasy, science fiction, horror, and comic art being made today. 

And, many of these amazing artists will be there in person!

Second, Kansas City is hosting the 2016 World Science Fiction Convention!  It's been a while since I exhibited at a World Con (1997 in San Antonio!), and I did very well, selling seven or eight original paintings.  I also exhibited my stuff at the 1999 North American SF Con, in Anaheim, and sold several original paintings there, too.

It'll be really nice to be able to exhibit artwork at a WorldCon, without having to travel.  

I'm hoping to exhibit at least 8 new paintings, and a few of the "older" ones, as well.  (I might even show one or two of the "old" airbrushed pieces from the late '90s!)

So, from now 'til Spectrum, I'm going to mainly focus on creating original paintings, and worry much less about freelance stuff, teaching gigs, etc.

I'm already hard at work on a couple of new paintings, with two or three more at the planning stage.

I'm really looking forward to sharing lots of cool new art with you over the next few months.

Please, tell your friends, and thanks for reading!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment