All content copyright 2011, 2012, and 2013 by Keith Russell.


Any copying, downloading, etc. of any portion of the contents of this blog--including photographs and artwork--without written permission from Keith Russell,

is not nice...and not legal!







16 May 2010

"Mische Technique" update...


I've been working on another painting over the weekend, while the layer of Rembrandt Permanent Madder Deep, applied over the grasaille of the "Thin Faced Man", dries.

I painted the first egg tempera layer last night, which will be overpainted with a layer of transparent yellow tonight, followed by another re-painting in egg tempera, then--

--well, I explained the process in a previous entry.

I made some slight changes (refinements, actually) to the image as I re-painted it with egg tempera, and I'm sure that this refinement will continue; I have two more layers of egg tempera to do, before the painting is "finished" with transparent oil paints.

This is the way it looked last night, when the first egg tempera layer was almost done...

No comments:

Post a Comment