All content copyright 2011, 2012, and 2013 by Keith Russell.


Any copying, downloading, etc. of any portion of the contents of this blog--including photographs and artwork--without written permission from Keith Russell,

is not nice...and not legal!







26 August 2012

Progress...


Here is the latest photo of my progress on The Presentation of Spiders. I've been busy working on a couple carpentry projects over the past three weeks, basically doing everything but painting.

Still, I think it's coming along nicely.

Slowly, but nicely.

As I've posted before, this piece is being done as a black and white "underpainting" (a black, white, and grey underpainting is called a "grisaille"), and I am going to really try to have this finished, and photographed, in order to be entered into Gamblin's "Torrit Grey" contest.

www.gamblincolors.com

The deadline for entry is 1 October.

I'm going to keep my September schedule as free from other freelance projects as I can, so I can really try to have this done on time.

This is the most involved, complex painting I've ever attempted, so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment