All content copyright 2011, 2012, and 2013 by Keith Russell.


Any copying, downloading, etc. of any portion of the contents of this blog--including photographs and artwork--without written permission from Keith Russell,

is not nice...and not legal!







13 January 2011


The Presentation of Spiders (in progress)
20x40 inches, oils on panel.

Well, the group show in February seems to have fallen through. The gallery owner is remodelling the gallery, and doesn't expect the work to be done in time for a February opening. His March show will be an exhibit of tattoo art, so...that's that.

But, it looks like I'll be hanging the six unsold "Face" paintings at at yet another gallery in the popular, downtown KC "Crossroads" arts district--

--tomorrow night! I don't know much about this place, other than it comes rather highly recommended. I know they have "First Friday" openings--only occasionally, but well-attended.

So, I'm hopeful. It's odd, that in little over four months since the first show of my work post-college, I've now worked with three different Crossroads galleries!

It feels good. Really good. I'd love to sell the completed "Faces", buy more paint, upgrade my computer (visit the dentist, fix the cars, take a real--our-of-town--vacation...)

The image is a painting I started my seniour year (Fall, 2005) that has haunted me ever since. It was never completed during school, was harshly critiqued by my instructor, and is one of those paintings that I've always felt needed to be done.

So, I'm doing it. I'm hoping to have it ready in time for the April opening.

2 comments: