All content copyright 2011, 2012, and 2013 by Keith Russell.


Any copying, downloading, etc. of any portion of the contents of this blog--including photographs and artwork--without written permission from Keith Russell,

is not nice...and not legal!







04 January 2011

Stronger and less sticky...


I started re-working the tarantula tonight, and it's slow-going (but going well). A couple of the legs had some small stress-fractures, and having it back in my care allowed me to repair them (before they worsened).

Once the cement has set (overnight) I can remove more of the tacky clear-coat.

The mineral spirits I have to use to remove the old clear-coat (that I shouldn't have used in the first place; hindsight, don't ya know!) is some nasty stuff, and I have to take frequent breaks.

Anyway, when it's (re)done, it's going to look (and last) better than ever!

Here's another view...

No comments:

Post a Comment