All content copyright 2011, 2012, and 2013 by Keith Russell.


Any copying, downloading, etc. of any portion of the contents of this blog--including photographs and artwork--without written permission from Keith Russell,

is not nice...and not legal!







23 April 2014

Professional Development:

I haven't attended any classes or workshops since graduating from the Kansas City Art Institute in 2008.  There have been a number of such things offered in and around Kansas City in that time, but I have little interest in painting en plein aire, or still life, or alla prima...and most, if not all, of the recent locally-offered workshops which most, if not all, of local workshops seem to cater to these genres.  

So, when I saw a friend's post yesterday on FaceBook that a second two-day figure painting workshop had been added (since the first workshop sold out in one day), I didn't hesitate to sign up.

I'm really looking forward to this; I think it's going to help tremendously with the work I really hope to do, soon: larger, figurative (including multi-figure paintings) from (primarily) imagination.

Anyway, I'm done with shows for a while, and plan to finish the four or five pieces I'm working on now, then start working on some new drawings, in preparation for attending this workshop in September:

http://www.tinagarrett.com/shop/2-day-figure-painting-workshop-with-romel-de-la-torre

No comments:

Post a Comment